Yanking The Welcome Mat In Argentina
Under President Carlos Menem, Argentina has rolled out the welcome mat for foreign investors. From U.S. financier George Soros, who has picked up farmland and commercial real estate, to auto makers such as Ford, Fiat, and Toyota, foreigners have sunk nearly $11 billion into Argentina in the past two years alone and are expected to spend $6 billion more in 1998. But while Argentina is trying to attract foreign investors, some of its provinces are turning downright hostile to outsiders and their cash.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’