Clinton's Nlrb Game Plan
President Clinton wants to avoid a nasty Senate confirmation scrap over a replacement for National Labor Relations Board Chairman William B. Gould IV, who exits in August. One possibility: bypass a Hill grilling by naming board member Sarah Fox, a former aide to Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D.-Mass.), as chair. Clintonites say the President may also fill the vacancy temporarily with a union-friendly hopeful while the Senate's in recess.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner