It's Looking Like Good News Corp.
FOR MONTHS, STOCKHOLDERS LEANED ON RUPERT MURDOCH TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT NEWS CORP.'S SLUGGISH SHARE PRICE. On June 29, they got their wish: Murdoch unveiled plans to spin off News's sexiest assets into a company called Fox Group. Those assets include the Twentieth Century Fox studio, his Fox Network and TV stations, and the L.A. Dodgers. Analysts said the move should boost News's stock price. And, in selling 20% of Fox Group to the public by yearend, Murdoch will raise up to $4 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange