Equity Makes The World Go 'Round
With stock increasingly the medium of exchange among the international corporate elite, it's no wonder that BUSINESS WEEK's Global 1000 is driven by the strength of equity markets around the world. Certainly, currencies play a significant role, but the shifts this year were largely determined by surging U.S. and European markets, the wave of Continental restructurings, and the mergers and acquisitions taking place on both sides of the Atlantic. It is no accident that the Daimler Benz merger with Chrysler Corp. was paid for in stock.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses