Commentary: Spend The Dough On Social Security And The Tax CodeBy
Congress seems determined to blow a once-in-a-generation opportunity. After a decade of fiscal paralysis, the surging economy is about to hand Washington billions of dollars it could use to tackle two looming and vital projects: a long-delayed tax-code overhaul and the reform of Social Security. Converting to new systems will be expensive--at least at first. So now's the time when Washington should bank any budget surplus to help pay for those dramatic reforms.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses