Thailand's Tarrin Nimmanahaeminda
Last November, Thailand's Tarrin Nimmanahaeminda landed one of Asia's toughest jobs. After the return to power of his political mentor, Chuan Leekpai, the 52-year-old former banker took over as Finance Minister. He became the fifth man in a single year to hold the position, which had become a hot seat during Thailand's economic collapse. Indeed, the dithering of his predecessors raised doubts that Thailand could deal with the crisis.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations