India's Deepak Parekh
Deepak S. Parekh dismisses all suggestions that he is an important man--despite evidence to the contrary. Those who know Parekh immediately recognized his hand behind recent key moves by India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party. Its push for urban land reform, its opening of housing development and port projects to foreign investors, and its go-ahead for private insurers to compete in India were clearly the recommendations of the chairman of India's leading home mortgage company, Housing Development Finance Corp. (HDFC).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts