Commentary: India Didn't Count On This AftershockManjeet Kripalani
Go nuclear--good things will happen. That was the strategy of Bharatiya Janata Party's newly installed coalition government in India. The decision to detonate a nuclear device was supposed to raise India's international stature and cow Pakistan and China. At home, the show of strength would give the BJP the popularity it needed to push through economic reforms.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders