Australia: Rates: The Quandary Down UnderBy
The Reserve Bank of Australia is on the horns of a dilemma: The Aussie dollar sank to a 12-year low of 57.99 U.S. cents on June 16, as the Asia crisis began to throttle the economy. The RBA may need to hike interest rates to support the dollar and thwart a round of import-led inflation, but higher rates could turn an economic slowdown into a recession. What will the central bank do?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's