A Grand Cherokee Plan
It was the moment of truth for the engineers behind Chrysler Corp.'s three-year, $2.3 billion investment in the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. A week before the model's June 16 unveiling, Chrysler Chairman Robert J. Eaton was putting the new sport-utility vehicle through its paces on Chrysler's secret test track in Chelsea, Mich. Would it pass muster? "This," said a smiling Eaton, "is definitely a winner."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’