The Diller Network: Ratings And Retailing
Barry Diller, the man who brought America Bart Simpson, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the Movie of the Week, is working the phones. Ensconced in a sun-drenched guest house in Beverly Hills that is the makeshift headquarters of his USA Networks Inc., Diller paces behind a large circular desk as he listens to the salary demands of an executive he has been trying to recruit, grimacing at the cost. "Hang in there," he tells another caller, an executive who has been nursing a new product line for the company. "The numbers are moving in the right direction."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single