It's Not There, But It's No Mirage
FOR CLOSE TO ONE YEAR, Seattle's tiny Microvision Inc. has been shipping an unusual breed of head-mounted display to high-paying military customers. Known as a VRD, for virtual retinal display, the gizmo uses a laser, special lenses, and a high-speed scanning mechanism to "paint" moving images directly onto the eye's retina.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's