A Gentler Checchi
Since his attack ads backfired and sent him tumbling in the polls, former Northwest Airlines Corp. boss Alfred A. Checchi is going positive in a final TV blitz before California's June 2 Democratic primary for governor. Checchi fell from first place to third, according to a Los Angeles Times survey, after he aired negative commercials targeting opponents Lieutenant Governor Gray Davis and Representative Jane Harman. So Checchi, who may wind up spending $40 million of his $700 million fortune, is running new ads featuring a smiling Al eager to hire cops, fix schools, and create jobs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders