The Prophet Of Wall Street Part 1
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 65 points and seemingly headed for another record close when Wall Street was convulsed by a rumor that Abby Joseph Cohen was about to alter her bullish stock market forecast. Actually, Cohen, the chief strategist for Goldman, Sachs & Co., was sequestered along with a few hundred other senior Goldman employees at a conference center an hour's drive from Manhattan. As Cohen listened to a speech by Goldman Chief Executive Jon S. Corzine, someone tapped her on the shoulder. "There's an emergency," the woman whispered. "You must call the office."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's