Crowded In Toon Town
The launch was pure Disney. Followed closely by a marching band, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy traipsed through a Burbank (Calif.) airplane hangar crammed with kids and parents. The Apr. 18 hoopla was to celebrate the start of the Toon Disney cable-TV network. At the stroke of noon, Mickey, dressed for his role in The Sorcerer's Apprentice, sent a stream of electronic sparks into the sky.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock