The Woman Making Over Belgium's Grande Dame
Christine Morin-Postel is not quite at home as she strides past the crystal chandeliers and Flemish tapestries at Societe Generale de Belgique's headquarters in Brussels. "My tastes are more modern," she says. Belgium's biggest holding company is about to learn just what Morin-Postel means. Recently named chief executive of the sprawling, 175-year-old concern--the only woman CEO of a major quoted company in Europe--she is hardly shy about her intention to update the Old Lady. "She must become a much younger woman," Morin-Postel says with a grin.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy