A British Highflier Falters
Bad news continues to plague erstwhile highflier British Biotech PLC, which has a promising broad-spectrum cancer drug, Marimastat. On Apr. 20, it fired Andrew Millar, director of clinical research, for allegedly disclosing confidential data to shareholders. Its shares have fallen to 89 cents from a high of around $5 in May, 1996. The company also said the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission is investigating press releases it issued in 1995 and 1996.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock