The Week Ahead
WEEKLY RETAIL REPORTS
Tuesday, Apr. 21 -- In a week that contains little economic news, the financial markets will focus on the weekly retail reports, especially after the Commerce Dept. said that March retail sales fell 0.1%. The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi/Schroder Wertheim report, released at 9 a.m., and the LJR Redbook Report, due at 2:15 p.m., will gauge retail buying for the week ended Apr. 18. The survey results vary because each analyzes data from different store chains. For the week of Apr. 11, the last shopping days before Easter, the Mitsubishi survey showed that sales so far in April were up 1.4% from March, while the Redbook report said that sales rose 3.8%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis