Blended: Pennzoil And Quaker State
PENNZOIL, WHICH RECENTLY fought off a hostile takeover bid, is spinning off its consumer automotive products and Jiffy Lube businesses. The new company will then merge with rival Quaker State to form the nation's largest motor-oil concern. Pennzoil shareholders will hold 61% of the newly formed $3 billion company, which will control 37% of U.S. retail motor-oil sales and 15% of the quick oil-change market. The Pennzoil restructuring, which has been expected, will leave the Houston outfit as an oil and gas exploration and production company.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas