Home Builders: If We Build It, They Will Pounce
If you don't think the market is hot in Austin, Tex., ask Gerald Lamar. Demand for $500,000 houses in the city's booming high-tech economy is so strong that of the dozen such homes he has put up in the past 12 months, nine were completed "on spec"--before finding a buyer. Says Lamar, co-owner of Lamar Homes Inc.: "We're selling whatever we can put in the ground."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day