A Talk With Helmut Kohl's Heir Apparent
German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who faces parliamentary elections next Sept. 27, is trailing Socialist opponent Gerhard Schroder badly in the polls. One taken in mid-March by Der Speigel magazine shows Schroder's Social Democratic Party (SPD) leading Kohl's Christian Democrats 41% to 35%. If Schroder formed a coalition with the Green Party, as expected, their combined 48% of the vote would give them a majority in Parliament.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances