Playing Musical Chairs
House Committee chairs don't have to step down until 2000 under GOP-imposed term limits, but the jockeying already has begun to replace Ways & Means chief Bill Archer of Texas. A top candidate is California's William M. Thomas, chair of the tax-writing panel's health subcommittee. He has been a big booster of tax-deferred medical savings accounts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta
- A Horror Week for the Dow Has Investors Begging for Trump Respite