Stromboli: Cozying Up To A VolcanoMonica Larner
Comandante Damiano Russo, the poised captain of the overnight ferry to the Italian Aeolian Islands, gives us a 5 a.m. wake-up call. The dark hours of early morning, he says, are the best time to see the volcanic island of Stromboli. He should know. As Odysseus is said to have done, the captain sets his vessel's course by heading toward the red glow of lava from this very active volcano.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations