Aetna's Brave Old World
Two years ago, Aetna Inc. seemed to be on the verge of transforming the health-care landscape. It bought U.S. Healthcare Inc. for an eyepopping $8.2 billion. Executives talked of creating the first national, fully integrated managed-health-care insurer. With the industry rapidly consolidating, Aetna would be among the handful of behemoths able to dictate terms to customers and health-care providers alike.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing