Suharto's Risky Shadow Play
Jakarta's brinkmanship in negotiating with the International Monetary Fund has Washington worrying that the U.S. may "lose" Indonesia if something isn't done quickly. The prospect of social upheaval in a strategically important nation of 200 million Muslim people is pushing aside the original impetus to financial and economic reform.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing