A New Player In Set Top Boxes
MICROSOFT ISN'T THE ONLY computer giant in cable set-top boxes. On Mar. 10, Network Computer, a joint venture of Oracle, Netscape, and others announced a deal to supply software and set-top boxes to Cable & Wireless for use in up to 7 million homes and businesses in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Hong Kong. Installation is expected to start this year in the U.K.--far ahead of TCI's rollout, according to NCI CEO David Roux. "This gives NCI credibility," says Cynthia Brumfield, an analyst with Paul Kagan Associates, a cable market research firm.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash