Investment Figures Of The Week
An upbeat week in the U.S. equity markets. The Dow Jones industrial average broke above the 8500 mark on Feb. 27 and climbed to a record high of 8585 on Mar. 3. Expectations of buoyant consumer spending drove share prices, with retailers, builders, and entertainment companies particularly vibrant. But the strong economy sent bond prices falling, with yields climbing to 12-week highs. Bond traders were troubled by new-home sales figures that showed a stronger-than-expected gain.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’