How Long Can Bandai Keep Those Cute Little Pets Alive?
They hatch. They eat. They grow. They peep. They make tons of money. They're the Tamagotchi virtual pets, brainchild of Japan's largest toymaker, Bandai Co. This year, Bandai expects worldwide sales of its digital pets to reach $330 million--more than double the 1997 amount. And that does not include the expected windfall from film, game software, and cartoon royalties. "It has been the biggest boost ever to our business," says President and CEO Takashi Mogi.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018