Sometimes good funds go unheralded for arbitrary reasons. Although the portfolio underlying STI Classic Small Cap Equity Fund opened in 1994, a change in its name and structure last year makes it appear in many databases to be just one year old, a period too short to draw much attention. Yet in the three years ended on Dec. 31, the $369 million fund posted an annual average total return of 32.6%, vs. the 22.4% recorded by the Russell 2000 small-cap index. BUSINESS WEEK Senior Writer Robert Barker spoke with fund manager Brett Barner:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing