Portal Combat Comes To The Net
Microsoft Corp.'s 10 Web sites are among the biggest draws on the Internet, visited by a third of all U.S. Web surfers. Yet it's just not enough. So the software giant is whipping up a super Web site that will showcase all its online properties, from travel to car-buying to news, and include services such as free E-mail and a search engine to explore the rest of the Web. The new site, which could be ready as early as this summer, will be called "Microsoft Start"--a telling name, since the software maker is hoping all these goodies will persuade cybernauts to make it their first stop on the Net.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again