Aol: The Right Kind Of Busy Signals
In the online industry, the mantra used to be "content is king." Companies spent lavishly to get the latest electronic goodies to keep the public clicking away--never mind how to pay for them. Not anymore. Just ask Robert W. Pittman, the freshly anointed president and chief operating officer of America Online Inc. The new No.2 to CEO Stephen M. Case says that now cash is king. If the choice is between generating profits today and developing long-term projects, he says, it's a no-brainer--profits rule.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock