Al Checchi Is Singing: California, Here I Come
Alfred A. Checchi is not yet a professional politician, and it shows. True, the former Northwest Airlines Corp. co-chairman who wants to be California's next governor spoke with ease at a recent rally at Pasadena City College, hitting all the points in his burgeoning campaign--from beefing up police departments to spending more on education. But when his prepared speech was over, Checchi found himself stumped by the very first question. Staring blankly at the crowd of 200, Checchi looked perplexed, then finally shot back: "No, I don't yet have a position on Indian gaming in California."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone