Blockbuster's Fired Up Mr. Fixit
When it comes to doing his homework, John F. Antioco is something of a fanatic. Take his job interview for the top post at Blockbuster Entertainment Group last spring. Viacom Chairman Sumner M. Redstone had blocked out one hour for lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel. But Redstone was quickly charmed by the former fast-food executive, who sounded as if he had been in the video-rental business for years. The lunch went on for hours. "He surprised me," recalls Redstone, who was quickly convinced that Antioco was "the guy who will turn Blockbuster around."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt