Quebec: Has Separatism Been Frozen Out?Joseph Weber
The most important images of Quebec's great freeze may turn out to be those of 10,000 Canadian army troops on TV. Sporting Canada's maple leaf flag on their shoulders, they helped old folks from unheated homes, rushed pregnant women to hospitals, and cleared ice-encrusted tree limbs from roads. They were a powerful subliminal advertisement for Canadian unity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day