Scott G. Mc Nealy
People keep counting him out. But feisty SCOTT G. McNEALY, 42, has delivered on his high-risk strategy. The Sun Microsystems chief executive has positioned his Java programming language as the most serious challenger yet to Microsoft's software dominance. And sales of Sun's lucrative UNIX computers are booming, despite Microsoft's growing presence in corporate computing. The combination helped Sun blow away rivals for '97. Profits surged some 60% in the year ended in June, to $762 million, while sales were up 21%, to $8.6 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner