Hasso Plattner And Dietmar Hopp
Some consider SAP, based in Walldorf, Germany, to be Europe's answer to Microsoft. Thanks to the tech smarts and marketing savvy of co-chairmen HASSO PLATTNER, 54, and DIETMAR HOPP, 57, SAP's programs now drive the back offices of many of the globe's biggest companies. And in '97, SAP launched an Internet commerce venture with Intel. From $2.1 billion in '96, sales soared more than 60% for '97's first nine months. With profits hopping at the same pace, SAP shares jumped about 145% for the year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks