Why Gabelli Is Buying Up Viacom
The long-running bull market has bypassed Viacom International (VIA). Its class A stock is at 32 a share, off its May 21, 1996, high of 43. "Among cable-TV and entertainment stocks, Viacom is the loaded laggard that hasn't moved," says investment maven Mario Gabelli. But don't count Viacom out, he says. Gabelli has just increased his stake from 5% to 8.5%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis