Let The Set Top Wars Begin
Has Bill Gates been trumped? In May, he made a no-strings-attached $1 billion investment in Comcast Corp. to endorse the nation's partially upgraded cable networks as the best distribution vehicle for the digital age. Not promised but likely expected was Comcast's help in getting Microsoft Corp.'s operating system adopted by cable moguls as the standard for the next generation of digital set-top boxes. That's the device, much like a powerful computer, that will deliver all sorts of interactive services and features via TV.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?