Lbo Frenzy On The Continent
In August, Franz Scherer was thinking about working less and spending more time sharpening his bridge game and lowering his 16 golf handicap. Then the 56-year-old executive, who had just finished up a 10-year stint in top executive positions in Germany and France with Rank Xerox Ltd., got a call from a headhunter. So much for semi-retirement. Scherer is now CEO of Sirona, a maker of dental products that Germany's Siemens spun off on Nov. 3 in a leveraged buyout put together by Britain's Schroder Ventures. Laments Scherer: "My golf and bridge are really going to suffer."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations