Out Of The Box And Onto The Net
Architect Steven Lopez, who doubles as the computer systems chief for his Los Angeles architectural and engineering firm, knew firsthand the business benefits of Internet access: E-mail for the cost of a local phone call and a pipeline to the Net's vast information storehouse. But when Lopez wanted to bring the company's 55-employee office online, he knew it wouldn't be cost-effective to repeat his own setup of modem, dedicated phone line, and individual account with CompuServe Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing