In Peru, Tariffs Shore Up The Monopolies
Gary Becker asserted that companies in small nations are no longer bound by the small scale of their limited domestic market ("There's nothing natural about `natural' monopolies," Economic Viewpoint, Oct. 6). As an example, he cited the case of how Chilean power companies now operate in other Latin American countries.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations