Will The New England Patriots Run All The Way To Providence?
Few cities have had an image as badly tarnished as that of Providence. In the 1980s, with one of America's most derelict downtowns, "this was a city on its way to ultimate doom," recalls Mayor Vincent A. "Buddy" Cianci Jr. In 1984, the mayor contributed to the image problem when he was ousted after assaulting a man for seeing his former wife.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner