Custom P Cs Are Hot, And Dell Could Feel The Heat
In the world of personal-computer marketing, it seems everybody wants to be like Mike--Michael S. Dell, that is. Dell Computer Corp.'s build-to-order strategy has made his company the industry's hottest and fastest-growing company. In its first fiscal quarter, ended Aug. 3, profits more than doubled on a 67% increase in sales, and its stock is up 259% this year. "Dell is everybody's target," says Roger Kay, senior research analyst at International Data Corp., a market research firm. "No matter who you talk to in the industry, you hear the same thing: Dell is the guy to beat."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders