Sir Run Run's Red Chip Hasn't Come In
For decades, Sir Run Run Shaw has dominated Hong Kong television. Through his family-controlled companies, Shaw Brothers and Television Broadcasts Ltd. (TVB), Sir Run Run controls the territory's biggest TV station and its premier producer of TV shows. But Shaw is 90 years old and has not designated any of his children or anyone else to take his place. So when rumors surfaced in late July that Shaw would sell down his stake, uncertainty about the buyer prompted the shares to plunge (chart).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas