Commentary: Wanted: Shareholder Rights For Mutual FundsRobert Barker
It's not easy finding fault with mutual funds. The dozen I own have spared me countless hours on the telephone with brokers. Funds also strengthen society by giving more Americans--some 63 million, at last count--equity in the economy. Perhaps most impressive, in recent decades the fund industry has suffered only the occasional scandal even as assets mushroomed. Holdings have quadrupled since 1990, to $4 trillion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts