It's Not Too Late To Get In On Financial Merger ManiaTim Smart
It's wedding season for financial-services firms. Barely a day passes without some announcement of a betrothal. There's Bankers Trust buying Alex. Brown, Zurich Insurance Group of Switzerland taking majority control of investment manager Scudder, Stevens & Clark, NationsBank buying San Francisco high-tech investment boutique Montgomery Securities. There have even been rumors of a megaton merger between Citicorp and American Express.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap