As China realized its dream of recovering Hong Kong on July 1, hundreds of thousands of young people in the territory and on the mainland celebrated in endless rounds of parties and dances. Some were genuinely exultant over the historic moment of the handover, but many others were just enjoying the pleasures of a holiday weekend.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt