Shopping Mercantile AgainBy
Last year, Mercantile Stores (MST) glowed red-hot in the rumor mills: Buyout talk drove the stock from 45 to 64 in three months. No deal came through, and it sagged to the low 50s by June. Now Mercantile, with 102 department stores in 50 states, is back on the screens of buyout pros, who reckon at least two suitors are set on acquiring the company--at a higher price.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020