What Exactly Have The `Chicago Boys' Wrought?
I read with surprise the self-congratulatory article by Gary Becker ("Latin America owes a lot to its `Chicago boys,"' Economic Viewpoint, June 9). Free-market policies were advocated 200 years ago by Adam Smith, the father of economics--and have been by many others since then. The department of economics of the University of Chicago does not hold a patent on free-market policies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’