Why Bankamerica Got Hitched In A Hurry
On Sunday, June 8, most of the 66 partners from investment bank Robertson, Stephens & Co. streamed into San Francisco's tony St. Francis Yacht Club. With the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance, they had come to finalize BankAmerica Corp.'s $540 million purchase of the San Francisco-based firm. In one room, lawyers worked feverishly to wrap up employment agreements with Robertson partners and other key personnel. In another, cocktails flowed as the investment bankers and senior BankAmerica executives toasted their newly minted partnership.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’